I have two of everything; like Noahs Ark

Previously, I demon Roon and copied all albums to it. A month goes by. I just purchased Roon and the program automatically imported all albums. Again. So now I have two of everything.

I tried “Remove Duplicate” and “Merge” and nothing happens.

Should I rename the Core, and rescan? Too many to delete one by one.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I see you copied your music, Do you actually have two sets of you music and two storage locations for your music? Is Roon pointing to both of them?
Adding @support for their input.

Might want to review this KB article:
https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_move_my_collection_to_a_new_folder%2C_hard_drive_or_NAS%2C_Will_I_lose_my_edits%3F

No. One copy of all albums, two “faces” for each album in Roon. Need a “Delete Duplicate” button for the icons. If I “Delete Album” then the album is gone - not what I want to do.

A above, can you give us a screenshot of your setings>storage screen. This is usually due to the same location being mapped twice

Hi @Cajunbaseball ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback/observations with us. The insight is appreciated!

Moving froward, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup, using this link as a guide.

• A screenshot of your “storage” tab in Roon.

• Can you please confirm if your storage and/or core location has changed at any point?

-Eric