I just switched to a Eero 6E Mesh router and Roon can no longer find audio devices

@Tom_DeLayo
Do you see your Nucleus address 192.168.4.29 in the top of the Roon application Settings > General?

It says:

::ffff:192.168.4.29

I’ve tried that. Not sure if exact order. Will try again in a few minutes. Using internet right now

@Tom_DeLayo
Strange, I do not see the ::ffff: in front of the IP number.
But it seems OK.
I also use an Eero mesh router, but I use it via wifi (never have a problem with that).
Maybe you should remove the Netgear GS108 switch and do everything wireless. Just to be sure the switch is not the problem.

That’s good, it shows the correct IPv4 address and show support for IPv6 with the “::ff…”. I am going to tag @support for assistance when they return Monday.

Ok. Thanks. Having no Christmas music on a day off sucks

I just bought the switch with the router because my old router had 5 Ethernet ports and these Eeros only have the 2. I have 2 other switches down the line. i will try swapping an old with the new to see if the new one has a problem

Tom, when you use the wifi, you can let the switch as it is. Just pull off the cable from your Nucleus and try to use it with wifi. Maybe that will work :wink:

That’s an ipv6 address, rather then an ipv4 address.
Can you try disabling ipv6 in your router?

Or is there a firewall (family) inet6 filter in your Eero?

The guy from Eero support turned off ipv6. Under settings it says off

Noticing this though, the nucleus shows 2 ip addresses.

IPv4 192.168.4.29
IPv6 Fe80::56b2:3ff:fe8c:ff17

Not sure if that means anything

We asked The Eero support guy. He said he disabled everything he could without making it dangerous

Yeah, but I want to keep it wired. I swapped the switches and still didn’t work

The GS108 are dumb switch and are fine; they are most likely not the issue.

Could you explain a bit more what was not working properly on the old Netgear router? Just a thought. Perhaps something is wrong beforehand, with the modem or the cabling to which the eero gateway router is connected.

It just wasn’t sending a good Wi-Fi signal. Roon and everything worked pretty flawlessly. Changing to mesh gave me 2 other Wi-Fi spots

Before, all my stereo equipment and nucleus were connected direct to the router. Now they are connected to a switch

Hum… Does the Nucleus Web UI allow you to disable IPv6? I’d do that if possible.

I did a quick search and it came up with

So this doesn’t seem unusual.

I have the same switch GS108, that suddenly stopped working properly after some modifications on my hifi rack. After a lost weekend, I finally got the idea to check the ports on my Asus router. And found that I connected the GS108 to a so-called “gaming port”…
I didn’t even know such a thing existed.
After reconnecting, everything worked perfectly again.
Could something similar be the cause here?

I don’t think so. The Eero only has 1 Ethernet in and 1 out. I switched 1 switch for another too, so don’t think it’s the switch.

Hoping Roon support comes up with something today