Customizing the Roon theme

It turns out that the roon folks probably know what they are doing. And had a mind to making things more flexible… Not saying everyone should go mess around with it just that roon have made it so that change is pretty easy going forward.

I changed 4 lines and have a consistent new colour…

12 Likes

Indifferent.

Change once…applied everywhere (as it should be). Thanks roon!

I like it but purple too :slight_smile:

So do I… in fact I’ve got it back to the purple now. It was more for folks saying "I hate the purple…I won’t renew my subscription because I hate purple… etc etc…

Reality is, roon can change it quickly and easily. If you’re making choices on roon based on the colour… don’t.

2 Likes

You won’t please everyone, so it would be best to have a choice of colors, font sizes and the like.

2 Likes

Yeah - looking at how it is structured I think they will give a setting in the future which is the accent colour. The point is that they have thought about it - so that is positive regardless of how one feels about the colour.

1 Like

atom-blue #6B6ED9
atom-blue-hover #787CD7
atom-blue-pressed #787CD7
atom-blue-insensitive #40%6B6ED9

Funny thing they call that color blue…

Dark color scheme (because of the dark mood because of the dark 1.8 update) :rofl:

1 Like

Yep. Purple crisis averted.

1 Like

@anon73739233 - Sorry I’m not familiar with this. How did you change the colors of the interface?

1 Like

Sorry for jumping in:

Go to C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\100800756\Themes\Dark (this is for windows i do not know how it looks on other systems) and you’ll find a file named colors. Edit the colors as you like in that file, save and then restart roon

I personally did this (inspired by @anon73739233) just for fun and the next update will probably overwrite the file, so if you see this as a permanent solution for you just keep a copy of your modifications.

5 Likes

@ mpd
really like. Can you detail or just share the file?
Thank you

Here you can change value to define color for each element :wink:

1 Like

Now can say “I love the new colour pallet with 1.8” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Except maybe for that red underline under Tracks (Credits, Versions) :smiling_imp:

Updated. Thx Bro :wink:

Great news for fanatical opponents of purple :slight_smile:
Can you provide a palette of color numbers?

This looks good! thanks for sharing!

For the orange I’ve gone with…

atom-genre-mapping #F6B1AB

atom-blue #C9544B
atom-blue-hover #C2372C
atom-blue-pressed #C2372C
atom-blue-insensitive #F6B1AB

atom-blue-mapping #C9544B
atom-onebox-blue #C9544B

atom-graph-1 #C2372C
atom-graph-2 #C9544B
atom-graph-3 #C9544B