I’m a new Roon user, but I cannot access the app

I have the same issues. I’m a new Room user, but I cannot access the app. Very annoying for the first trial days.

Is it possible to fix this? Can I get an extension on my trial period?

Thanks for reaching out, @Tandrios, and you have our apologies that your initial interaction with Roon isn’t going well! I’m confident we can get you up and running though.

To start, can you give us some insight into your setup? What kind of Core machine are you using? What are the remotes that you’re using to connect to Roon? Are all remotes giving this same issue?

Hi @dylan ,

Thank you for your reply! I’ve managed to solve the problem by installing the Roon server on a different PC. It was installed on a Manjaro Linux laptop, using the AUR package manager, which doesn’t seem to work.
Now that I’ve installed it on my windows PC, I can login on my mobile device.

I will reinstall the room server on my Manjaro laptop using the official guide to see if that works.

Edit: logging out & in again on the Windows server does not not work. I get the same problems as before, the Android app freezing. I cannot login anymore. Seems like a bug in the Android app, rather than an issue on the server side.

I’m running a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 on the latest android version.

Thanks for the details, @Tandrios

The next time this happens can you make a note of the time it occurs? We’ll enable diagnostics and take a look at what was occurring at that time in Roon. Thanks!

Thanks again for your time,

It is not working now. I tried the solution in the other topic (first logging in through the Windows App), this works. However, when I log out en try to log in again, it freezes.

Same issue here.
I have to log in each time when I start the app (both on windows and android).
On android when I try to enter my password the app freezes.
( Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Synology DiskStation DS218+ ( DSM 6.2.3-25426) / latest Roon build (2020-12-15))

I hope this is on somebody’s list to solve now. I will not be a Roon subscriber (not only based on this issue), so I cannot help anymore.

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.