I/O Failure on Rock?

I just moved from NAS core to ROCK on a Nuc7i5 and 6 albums are not show up in my library.Same behaviour from a Roon backup.
Found them as skipped files with reason I/O Failure.
Delete them and upload again on my NAS with same ignorance from ROCK. :slight_smile:
Storage path is good for the rest 2400 albums…just these 6 albums are not showing in my library. They were playing/showing fine with my old NAS core.
Any idea why,Please?

Hello @MPV,

I would start by checking that you do not have any special characters in the file path. Look for characters like periods, exclamation points, and slashes. If you could copy and paste the file path here that may help us determine what is preventing the folders from being imported.

-John

Like I said,They were playing just fine with old core.

Hello @MPV,

Using local storage on a NAS running as a Roon Core is different than connecting to NAS storage remotely over SMB.

-John

1 Like

Hello @MPV,

I would remove the “&” amperstand character from the file path and then attempt to re-import the folder.

-John

That CLASSICAL & OPERA is the folder containing a lot of albums and only 2 genre albums are not imported.
How about this path?

Hello @MPV,

Could you check if there are any “.” period characters in the file path as well? These characters may not appear in the Roon client, you should check using the Web Client for your NAS.

-John

There are no such characters.
Something else ?
BTW
Why my post is not anymore on Rock section?

It’s because you are asking for support, and so your question belongs in the Support category - a moderator has moved it for you…

Hi @MPV,

Can I please ask you to place a few of the albums that are not appearing on a flash drive and plug this flash drive into the Nucleus’ USB port? Do these files show up when connected in that method?

Also, would you mind uploading one of the albums and sending it to me via Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com? I would like to verify if they are able to import properly on my end. Thanks!

I’m not sure why my reply to you is not here.
I replied from the email. However,I found the culprit.
For some strange reason on all albums with I/O failure I found a question mark added at the end of the album title. I never ad that. Once I removed the question mark “?”
albums were recognized by Roon. It’s a glitch when switching core or restore from back up.
Thanks again

1 Like

Hello @MPV,

Thank you for the update and glad to hear that things are working now without the special characters!

Replying via Email is not supported at this time which is why the response didn’t show up. To reply to messages from the forum, you will need to use this website.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.