I press 'Play' and nothing happens

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC, I5, Windows 10, Roon 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet core, Google wifi,

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Samsung T3(4?) tablet and Oppo phone with Android 11 (same problem on both)

Description Of Issue

I can see my albums and navigate through them etc but when I hit ‘Play’ nothing happens. The album doesn’t start playing, its as if the button is dead or not connected.

What audio zone / endpoint do you have selected? Some details about that and how its hooked up (ethernet, wifi, usb?) would be helpful.

I am casting from my Samsung tablet/Oppo phone to a chromecast audio over Google wifi.

I have other endpoints such as a uRendu which I haven’t tried. I will try this evening.

What is odd is that on both the phone and tablet when I press play absolutely nothing happens.

I see that my Son has created a profile. I am not sure if he has ever used it. If he was streaming something would that cause this behaviour?

Hey @David_Hill,

Please accept my sincere apology for the extreme delay :pleading_face: . We’ve been quite overwhelmed in the past few weeks, but things are looking up and our response times are much shorter now.

I am hopeful that since your post you’ve been able to enjoy some music, but, if you’re still experiencing this issue, it’d be our pleasure to help :nerd_face:

Could you please let me know?