I really don’t understand some people who post on this and some other threads in the Roon forum

99.9% lifetime Roon member very happy no matter what :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

So if one doesn’t agree with you, one is a vilain?

Not sure why people keep having a go at Tidal for using MQA, I don’t have an MQA dac, don’t use Tidal as I prefer music choice on Qobuz, but have no problem with others liking and using it .
If Roon lost both I still have 2.5k albums ripped on my Nas to play and 3k L.P’s so as long as Roon keep going I will use it.
Live and let live.

4 Likes

You guys keep arguing and fighting… I’m gonna listen to some cool music…with Roon BTW, which I like very much BTW… :heart:

2 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Acronyms or abbreviations

I like Roon and I have invested in Roon (Nucleus, yearly subscription), but I am very much concerned about Roon’s future. I think Roon will need somehow play with with Apple, Amazon, and Spotify strategically, and it is urgent, and it is a matter of survival.

I have got tidal and to be honest only use it to see if I like new or ‘discovered’ music. If I do I buy it. I could continue to do this if Roon never played with anyone and would be perfectly happy with it just using my home collection.

2 Likes

Not sure survival comes into this, depending on Roons cost base.
It also drives how big Roon needs to be.
If 250k dedicated users or even 100k is enough then so be it, the audiophile community is a tiny percentage of music listener’s after all.

Working with Apple/Spotify and Amazon only work’s if those companies want to play ball and Roon may well be seen as too small. Apple only works with directly with Sonos and they are the king’s in this market and Spotify has a reputation of wanting to control everything. It would be great for users of those services but can’t be demanded.

It seems that the rapid growth of the user base is what is causing Roon so many complaining user’s over the last year.
So I for one would be happy to see them slow down on growth and work on the overall system stability and thing’s that people are complaining about and then move onto more integrations (if this is available)

4 Likes

100% agree. There are a lot of outstanding issues that have to be addressed before any new features. But it’s seems attracting new customers seems to be more the focus over last updates rather than fixing broken core functionality. I hope search is fixed completely in the next one, it’s so broken right now it’s just embarrassing.

2 Likes

Yes the new shiny always looks better.
Sadly I have pretty much given up on search at this point, but I am always hopeful.

4 Likes

I think the Roon developers have big things on their radar. Unfortunately, the road is rockier. Fuzzy search, like Valence, has a great future, but currently still has heavy problems.

2 Likes

Since adopting roon + Qobuz I have not once gone to spotify or apple or amazon for music.
I haven’t fired up foobar2000 or clementine and vlc is relegated to video again.
The search feature is awful, I think that has been made thunderously apparent. I can not see why I would need to go back.
my $0.02

7 Likes

How in the world did this thread dissolve into a debate over acronyms and abbreviations for the last 30 posts give or take BTW?
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Now split out to Acronyms or abbreviationsin the #off-topic section.

1 Like

This is why it is a forum for people to vent their frustration and voice their opinion. That’s what they call a democracy every person is entitled to his or her opinion “freedom of speech”.
My opinion is also not to break everything down if it is not my opinion, but to listen and work with it to come to a solution.

I totally get that! You are not the only one who believes in democracy!

However, if you read my original post in full, you may gather that my statement was written about a specific group of people whom I felt were more or less actively encouraging people in multiple and repeated posts to move from Roon to alternative streaming solutions which are not and probably never will be compatible with Roon. I have no quarrel whatsoever with free speech (within limits of course given the amount of political misinformation and ludicrous malicious conspiracy theories sweeping the Internet nowadays). I was simply expressing my concern and surprise about the nature of some of the posts in a specific thread.

Of course, you won’t be aware of this but I should also add that although my post is the first in this thread, I did not actually create the thread. I posted my comments in a completely different thread in response to a number of specific posts in that thread. The forum administrators chose to close that specific thread and start a couple of new threads. This thread “I really don’t understand some people who post …” was created by the forum administrators using my post. I guess my post could possibly be taken out of context without the reference of the original posts to which I was responding!

How is Tidal “worse”? You have zero context to support “worse”. Perhaps you were eluding to your penmanship. You are welcome to dislike Tidal, I certainly could care less either way. However, if you are going to offer a valid point -add some validity.

Thanks for the sensible post - I too am a happy Roon/Tidal member. Nothing negative to post.

Roon, Tidal, and Qobuz all three work for me. Apple Music does also, but for a different use case.

Worried about Roon’s future? Interesting. If and when a music streaming such as Tidal no longer exists why are you concerned Roon couldn’t pivot to a new service. They are a software company. If you are proposing they add the likes of Apple, Amazon, and Spotify then that is entirely different proposition than the concern of their current business model. Have you considered the possibility Roon has had these same considerations especially since it could increase membership? I personally think the decision makers behind Roon are far more intelligent than my hyperbole.