I replaced my old Apple TV with a new Apple TV Roon does net see it

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon version 1.6 build 401. MacOS 10.14.2

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon finds my other existing devices, one of which is an Airplay MARANTZ CR something. It works fine.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue

I replaced my old Apple TV that worked great, with a new 108p Apple TV and now it does not show up as a zone, and I can’t find in settings how to force it to find it.

Hi @Peter_Armstrong,

Can you provide some details on your networking setup? How is the Core connected to the network? What about the Apple TV? Is there any difference in how this Apple TV is connected compared to the old one? What networking hardware is in use?

Are you able to see the Apple TV on the network outside of Roon?

Ok, the Apple TV works just fine. Nothing changed from the previous setup but exchanging the the Apple TVs.

The core is connected to the network via a Mac mini. The only thing the Mac mini does is host Roon and occasionally rip a new cd to the NAS.

I have restarted all the elements a couple of times and there is no Apple TV.

The Apple TV works ok except communicating with Roon.

Roon works fine except finding the new Apple TV

Try rebooting your router/switch, and Roon core. I suspect the new AppleTV MAC address hasn’t been updated somewhere.

Thanks, that started me down the right path. Sorry, I should have thought of that. I did have to negotiate the airplay password, which was a head scratcher, but all is well.THANKS AGAIN

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.