I think it is a fair question - what is the purpose of the Roon forum?

One thing I have noticed about the moderation on the forum is that it is particularly averse to any bit of cut and thrust.

It may well be that this is due to the vitriol which CA can contain and I would hate the Roon forum to go in this direction.

The odd bit of irony to bring someone down off their high horse should be more accepted I feel. I’ve been moderated a few times on the Roon forum and generally don’t get moderated on my other 2 fora of choice (Naim and PFM).

And while I’m on a roll I do perceive a fall off in speed of reaction to the (@) support tag. As it is the method of Roon giving support I feel there should be no support call that doesn’t get answered at all. I realise we all want an answer yesterday but there should be log of all support calls and all should be answered. It strikes me that you get support much quicker if you shout you have a yearly that you are not going to renew than the polite request for help from the guy with 2 lifetime subscriptions. (Any Resemblance to Actual Persons, Living or Dead, is Purely Coincidental)

Don’t get me wrong this is a grand place and I feel I’ve made a few friends here, well there are certainly some if they said they were in Dublin and would I like to meet them for a pint, I wouldn’t run a mile.

I think more of a blog presence from the Roon team would be of great benefit. we tend to only see you fire fighting and supporting. There is a depth of knowledge of music making and music that if shared more would generate an even stronger community feel.

All in all on a public forum in the Trumpian dystopia we are living in, a fine job is being done.

.sjb

2 Likes