I wonder what's going to be in 1.6?

perhaps a https://github.com/MycroftAI based voice control which bypasses stupid things such as Alexa, Siri, Cortana whatsoever which isn’t any good but in shipping your privacy to these vendors.

Christmas is, as you all know, a date. Roon doesn’t do dates. Software versions are released when they are ready, not before.

Have a look at the dates in the Software Release Notes category. Notice that 1.3 went live in Feb 2017 despite all manner of speculation about Christmas, New Year, Australia Day etc etc.

So try not to get too excited about arbitrary dates on the calendar. It will happen when it happens.

6 Likes

Spoilsport.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Which is an industry first!
Sorry … couldn’t resist. :grin:

4 Likes

Qobuz integration.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can we please get Tidal genres tags added to Roon search engine

Option to to choose between horizontal and vertical scrolling. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My perspective as well: Happy and good enough to start enjoying but still feels like a product with a lot of enhancement ahead in the UI and possibilities for additional major features …. just look at the laundry list of requests/wishes. I have other music related SW products where feature requests aren’t such a hot topic.

2 Likes

Not so good if you were a Radio Star in 1979 :grimacing:

Video Killed the Radio Star

2 Likes

1- Normalization of the sound when advancing in the same song, without having abrupt stops.

2- A crazy thing: Choose how many musicians (3 or 10 for example), choose how many songs to play (for example 2) of each randomly and perpetuate the cycle. Just start a new cycle after playing all the songs of each musician.

1 Like

This is one perfect example of the good kind of craziness that software applications need these days to stay out of the ordinary! Unfortunately seems like Roon is no more out of the ordinary…

I really do hope we get something from Roon for Christmas. Something needs to cheer me up in the face of a declining U.S. stock market! :sob:

2 Likes

It’s only declining if you sell.

2 Likes

Spoken like a true accountant. :grin:

We economists feel poorer.

1 Like

Ha! My monthly statements tell me differently !

Well, it probably is the only music software that has forums that discuss the stock market.

2 Likes

Buy Bitcoin! :sunglasses:

I think we’ll be better placed looking to eggnog and presents for Christmas cheer. Roon Labs doesn’t have workshops of elves to call on.

Healthcare costs and liability insurance are very high with elf employees. On the plus side, their union demands less paid meal time than the Hobbits.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure we don’t want to see pictures of the devs in tights.