I wonder what's going to be in 1.6?

1. A new beaut Internet Radio set-up (long overdue, imo)
  2. Display searched song results in best quality order.
  • At present have to click on each song to find out the format & sample rate to then chose the best quality (very time consuming, and a pain in the $%^&@). Really surprised this has never been an option and could add as an option in the General settings tab (or am I missing how to do it)

1 Like

For an update, I’d like the ability for TIDAL to keep playing once it’s finishes an album, like Roon Radio.

I’ve not found a way to get TIDAL to play like a track/artist-based radio station the way it does on my phone.

But a Roon is already very good, so I’m pretty happy as it is.

Qobuz integration

According to Qobuz, that is coming - though only streaming via Roon, not purchasing. At least that is what I took from the letter posted elsewhere on the site.

It’s supposed to be ‘this fall’.

1 Like

Naughty boys don’t get Christmas presents, and many of you have been very naughty!:face_with_monocle::wink:

8 Likes

Good boys go to heaven, bad boys go everywhere!

Qobuz launch delayed to 2019, so unlikely integration with Roon will be released before then unless accepting feature restricted to Europe (could be a way to pipe clean before US launch)

Devialet RAAT would be a very nice Christmas present, hope that’s on track and coming soon.

2 Likes

+1. We know work is ongoing. Lead time heavily depends on Devialet readiness so not 100% under control of Roon. I am also hoping it will come for Christmas now also accepting the possibility it may not.

Export album list to excel and search. That’s what I’ve done. I have a stack of duplicate CDs sat on a “must get round to putting them on eBay” shelf :wink:

2 Likes

I’d like NOT Qobuz integration as I’m not going to use it.
I’d like the classical metadata improvements for others to break their OCD cycle.
Look at my metadata } moan on roon forum - repeat.
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

Agree +++++++ 10^6

Me to ++++++++++ 10^26

My hope is that Roon will enforce stricter rules for posting to this forum. We need to shame the Classical Carpers and Negative Nellies into ceasing their constant attempts to bring down Roon and tarnish its reputation. “Classical” is just another word for “Old”. We can’t let the vocal few dictate the agenda for the hip-hop masses.

It has been THREE YEARS of non-stop complaints from that crowd about their precious metadata, grouping demands, and equivalence issues. Year after year, Roon reconfirms its orientation to modern, progressive music, yet the Classie’s continue to rant. “My 40-track composition REFUSES to group!,” they whine.

Well, the world has turned its back on multiple-track compositions with identical names and funky numbering systems. The world has moved far beyond symphonies, concerti, and … dare I even say it … opera. It’s time for you old people to just hush up, go back to your incredibly long and boring excuses for music, and stay quiet.

From now on, no more Classical bulls**t from the 5 Percenters. Just cut them off! I’m calling for complements for Roon from now on!

This is war, people! Power to the censors! RISE UP RAPPERS! Unite!

21 Likes

Love it… Troll of the year!

6 Likes

:musical_note::notes::notes::bhutan::musical_note::soon::sound::speaker::mega::loudspeaker::loud_sound:

John,

The coffee is the dark liquid in the carafe on your left … not the clear liquid in the Grey Goose bottle on your right :sunglasses:

Tim

1 Like

Guns don’t kill people. Rappers do…

4 Likes

You sayin’ entitled boomers used to having their favourite musical genre highly subsidised aren’t getting what they want, how they want it, when they want it, and they’re blaming a bunch of entrepreneurial young fellows for it ?

2 Likes

Exactly! It’s time we shut those people down. They’re destroying Roon, to say nothing of our country and world.

4 Likes