I wonder if a PIO pin trigger output is possible or 3.5mm

I ended up doing this instead. Used a different arduino, so had to modify the code (Used adafruit feather stuff) but works great! Also modified it to turn off the amps after 15 minute of stopped/paused playback instead of just at a predetermined time in the evening.

I bought one of these relay triggered outlets, and had intended to write a zone monitor to power my amp on while the zone played, then off 15 minutes or so after pause.

Iā€™m already using Ropieee for the zone in question. Is there any chance the functionality discussed here could get implemented directly in Ropieee? :pleading_face:

Hi @spockfish,

Iā€™ve seen several threads die out in these forums about extending Ropieee to toggle GPIO pins around play/pause events.

Iā€™d like this functionality, because while I can remember to turn my amplifier on each night, I seem to forget to power it off, and find it warming the house in the morning.

Is that a feature you would consider adding to Ropieee? Can I ā€œsponserā€ the development effort? I know code doesnā€™t write itself ā€“ thatā€™s what I do for a living.

1 Like

Itā€™s more a case of being able to perhaps customize a selection of deemed safe pins to choose from and what is the on or off state to apply.

Basically what @wizardofoz said. Iā€™m not against such feature and Iā€™m willing to implement, but:

• it should not interefere in any case with HAT setups, screen setup etc.
  • it should be a fixed pin: Iā€™m not going to build it where the pin itself is configurable, because that is going contradicting the ā€˜ruleā€™ above

So itā€™s a matter of figuring out what we can do.

Harry is it possible to selectively power down individual USB ports maybe this is an option also. I use a similar setup with my luminā€™s and a usb to dc buffer

1 Like

Hi, I would also be interested in this functionality of toggling a GPIO based on playback state.
My thought would be with the multitude of different HATs out there, the pin would have to be configurable.
Volumio has a similar plugin, called amplifier switch. It allows the Port or Pin number to be configured from port 2-27, invert the signal or not, have a delay in ms before turning off, and an option for pulsed relays.
In the case of the DAC I am using, I am considering GPIO 22-25 as they are all free of other functions.

1 Like

OK, I have started writing my own roon extension to get the functionality I want, which is a little more complicated than a simple GPIO toggle.
My initial effort can be found here: https://github.com/Flyingsparks/roon-dac-trigger/releases

This was based on the effort from superfell @SImon_Fell already linked above.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested in this, too. I have a 5v-USB-to-12v-3.5mm cable; now all I have to do is to have one of the free USB ports on the Pi turn power on when something is playing, and off when itā€™s not. We already have this in RoPieee for a port thatā€™s connected to a DAC, but not for a port thatā€™s a pure power drain.

I guess this 12v trigger thread died. I was interested as my Type A amp uses a lot of power in the idle mode and my DAC doesnā€™t have a trigger output.

Would be nice to have somethingā€¦maybe a usb port can be turned on and off?
To raise and drop 5V - I requested this in the Lumins Streamer configs and it works great

@spockfish

1 Like