I would like to set up different zones for different purposes. What am I doing wrong?

My core is running on a Macbook Pro. I have a mix of S1 and S2 Sonos devices but will soon be all S2. I have a Marantz receiver with a Bluesound Node 2i.

I’m having no issue maintaining the one Bluesound Node 2i RAAT zone. I realize that you can’t mix streaming types (RAAT, Airplay, Sonos, etc.).

My issue is for creating different combinations of devices within the same streaming category. I’m not understanding why I can’t create pre-established zones for common listening preferences. For example, I currently have one “All Sonos” zone set up on Sonos Streaming, so that I don’t mix up Airplay and Sonos with a mix of S1 and S2 Sonos devices. However, I’d like to have another zone set up for only 2 of those Sonos zones using Sonos Streaming. Additionally, I’d like to be able to easily select one Sonos Zone at a time. Why can’t I just pre-establish these zones so that it’s easy to select them? They aren’t even showing up as available!

Thanks for your help!!!

Roon zones don’t really work like that, I think there might be a feature request for them to do so.

It is just a more temporary grouping (Not like Sonos groups), so a given end point can only be in one group at a time.

It sounds like you have the AirPlay connections to Sonos available… there is nothing wrong with that, but if you are not using them you can leave them Disabled so they don’t clutter your list.