I'd like for Roon to choose albums randomly (Shuffle albums)

+1 on shuffle by whole album. I enjoy listening to whole albums at once.

3 Likes

I would also love this feature. I am new to Roon and the details posted above about ways to use Focus etc. was an eye opener.

2 Likes

This yes this. DO THIS NOW! </silly accent>

3 Likes

This is still a must-have feature

4 Likes

I was curious if this ever got implemented. I would love to have a “shuffle by albums” feature as well!

3 Likes

If interested, please vote for this Feature request by hitting the “Vote” button at the top:

The Random Radio extension is a solid workaround for albums in your library but one’s system must be compatible and it is unclear for how long such workaround would remain possible.

1 Like

You can jump to the top (and as such see the voting button) if you click on the votes counter link (this one stays with the title when scrolling).

1 Like

When shuffling a play list, Roon plays all the tracks from each album.
Please could we have the option to shuffle tracks or albums.

1 Like

Join the VERY long list of members who have requested this oh so simple but highly desired option.

But apparently it has always fallen on deaf ears around here.

I really like the Roon experience and have had practically zero problems but this little feature ( or lack thereof) truly infuriates me no end.

I mean even Discogs can manage this task!!

Good luck but don’t hold your breath…

2 Likes

I’ve moved this to #roon:feature-requests but mods might joint it to similar requests

Thanks. I’m glad it’s not just me.

1 Like

thanks for the awesome information.

LMAO
It really doe not matter where you move it to as it will be ignored just like all the similar requests prior to this including at least two of my own and countless ones before mine.

I know obviously nobody at Roon HQ cares or sees this as a priority but it is actually getting close to being a deal breaker for myself.

I have so many albums , a lot of which I just have simply forgotten about it would be very nice just to “spin the wheel” and see what Roon selects.

4 Likes

Thanks for the awesome first post… :roll_eyes:

There’s already a much more heavily voted version of this request.

@AceRimmer could you try merging this with the “big one”? I highly doubt that if these votes are “lost” in the merge process folks will mind going back and switching their votes? Many thanks!

This is the “27 vote” one… (hopefully 30 soon)

I truly miss the shuffle play option from my CD players and iTunes. I wish there would be another option next to the regular play button for an album: play randomly/shuffle.
I have several compilations like the great RTL Georges Lang collections which I would appreciate playing in random order. With the current Roon version (1.1), I cannot do it and I have to revert to iTunes (shame).
Does Roon have any plan to implement such an (easy) feature?
Best regards,
Arnaud

3 Likes

Hi Arnaud,

Not sure if you’re aware of this or not, but there is queue shuffle function in Roon.
After selecting play album, go to the queue and click the icon (to the right of the play bar).
Roon will then play the contents of the queue in a random order.
Hope that helps.

Hello Carl,
I was not aware of this queue shuffle possibility: obviously, the self-discovery of this feature is not obvious.
Instead of:

1. clicking play the album - big button
  2. clicking on “view queue” - small icon at the bottom left
  3. clicking on the “shuffle” icon - small icon at the top right
    I suggest to:
  4. click on “random play” the album - big button next to regular play button
    The discovery of the feature is immediate!
    Best regards,
    Arnaud
2 Likes

Also, I’d like to add that the aforementioned sequence will lead to always playing the first track of the album first, instead of a random track from the album as on any CD player…

1 Like

I was just about to post

`

Can you play a random selection from an album or do you have to press play and then hit the shuffle icon, ie you always have to listen to track one and then the random shuffle?

When over on the left appeared this post. No big deal but It would be nice to random play an album fully.

SJB

2 Likes