Identified album shows empty contents screen

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Trying to find the album identification for

Nathanaël Gouin - Schubert: Piano Quintet “The Trout”, D. 667 & Fantasy in C Major, D. 934

I found a match:

When clicking on it, I got an empty window.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

no

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Content is from local file.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

See the whole process above

Looks like I have the exact same problem with a different album which I imported myself (Bach Cantatas by Karl Richter):

1. Step: Roon does not recognize the album:

2. Step: When I open the search both fields are empty:

3. Step: I tried to search with various tags, entering “whitsun” Roon finally finds a match:

4. Step: I activate the matching listing and get an empty window:

Same issue here. Not with all albums but with 1 out of 20 I get the same empty suggestion list. Couldn’t find any regularity. However, these albums were somehow identified automatically when I added them. They are not marked as unidentified.

Latest examples: John Coltrane: Olé Coltrane and John Coltrane: 1962 Graz Concert

As of April 23, 2022, I am experiencing this problem as well.

Hey @Andrew_Schau,

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know you’re seeing similar behavior. Could you please replicate the actions that took you to the blank screen, then post what your local time was when you ran the test? We’ll pull logs from your Core to see if we can determine a cause. Thanks!

7:16 am Eastern Standard Time.

Hi @Andrew_Schau,

We’re investigating this empty screen after identification issue and we’re hoping that you could send us the album you’re trying to identify in a zipped folder.

Can please upload them here and let us know?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external

Uploading one example now. It’s not the only one, but it’s representative of the problem.

1 Like