Identify device

i use an imac optical out to a chord mojo dac. in device setup under audio device it states unidentified device built in output. when i click on identify this device and the apple logo it gives me a list of apple devices but none of them are my late 2013 imac. i have tried to search by model no. with no luck. what is going on here? many thanks. In settings under connected to this mac Apple Inc is displayed however. @support

Hi musickid, while we wait for support to answer, I’m sure you’ve seen this screen which just shows Roon endpoints (AirPlay and RAAT).

It’s not just your model Mac that isn’t listed - as you’ve seen, no Macs are listed… It would be a rather long list if every PC and Mac model were listed, even though they can all be Roon endpoints.

thats what i thought however why does it say search with model name and when i did this nothing came up? BTW i placed a deposit on a silver hugo2 and silver mscaler today very excited. cheers sean

1 Like

Nice!! I’m jealous.

it wasn’t easy getting this far…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your observation with us, @musickid. We appreciate the feedback!

Line art for devices is typically limited to Roon Ready and Roon Tested devices. We do not have line art for all devices, and we don’t have any for Mac devices. If this is something you’re interested in seeing, I’d like to suggest making a post in the “feature request” section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Thanks,
Dylan

I hear ya dude. A nice reward for the hard work :wink: