Melco

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi satellite mesh network
iPad on wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Rockna USB DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am a brand new user and this would be a new setup.
I am not getting the Melco core to be recognized by the ROON app.

Which model of Melco? Some Melco models are Roon endpoints, but they are not Roon Core. You still need a computer to run Roon Core.

From Melco web site:

*MELCO won’t be “Roon core” or “Roon server” because Roon requires specific processor chipset for core.

It’s the Melco N1ex.

Because

Hey @Jesse_Eisler, welcome to Roon!

@wklie had the right information here, you will not be able to use this device as a Roon Core.

You have a few options to use as a Core, please feel free to click on the links provided to find out how to use these devices as a Roon Core:

• NAS
  • NUC
  • PC - Windows, Mac
  • Nucleus - The Nucleus allows you to get the most out of Roon, since it was designed by our team and focused around every specification Roon software has

If you’re just getting started, I’d recommend reading Start with a Roon Core in our Help Center to get a better idea of what the Core is and what it does. To see if your device will support the software download, take a look at the Roon Core and Remote specification recommendations to compare the specifications.

Let us know if you have any other questions! Thanks! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.