Identifying Album and Track Lengths Don't Match

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini, Monterey.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

None (direct USB from Mini to Amp)

Connected Audio Devices

USB from Mini to Peachtree Nova Integrated Amp (with built-in DAC).

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I’m trying to identify an album: “The Late Piano Sonatas,” Beethoven, Pollini (artist). When I click identify, the matching album cover comes up in the results. But when I match to that album, some of the track lengths in my library are off by as much at 6 or 10 seconds.
Is this something I should be concerned about?

Also, when I identify an album, will Roon change all of the associated data such as album title, artist, etc? When I was working in iTunes, I added the composer name to the beginning of each album. Otherwise, if I looked at albums on my phone, I’d see a list of, say, “Symphony No. 5”, instead of easily finding “Beethoven Symphony No. 5”. I also added the composer as the Album Artist, because for classical music, I rarely care who the actual performer is. I think this is causing trouble for Roon.

Is there a way to bulk identify albums?

No.

Depends on how you have your import settings set. You might find this helpful. https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/import-settings

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.