Identifying Tracks Is Stuck, Log-File Churning

RoonServer appears to have not matched metadata for the last few Tidal albums that I added, and it has been stuck for a week or more attempting to identify 300 or so tracks. I checked the log files and see that a new log (8.5 MBs) is being generated every 10 or 20 minutes, consisting mostly of attempted metadata lookups. I’ve restarted RoonServer, which has helped when importing has gotten stuck in the past, but no luck this time. Any ideas?

In case it’s helpful, I’m on a Mac running El Capitan, and RoonServer is 1.2 (Build 154).

Hi @amg ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the issue here. I would like to get a copy of your logs over to our developers so they can take a look into this issue but I would like you to clarify something for me first so we have a better understanding of how this issue may have come about.

You had mentioned:

“…it has been stuck for a week or more attempting to identify 300 or so tracks”.

“I’ve restarted RoonServer, which has helped when importing has gotten stuck in the past, but no luck this time”

Based on these two notes, has there been any changes in your setup recently? New gear? New programs? Updates? Just trying to determine if any changes could have brought on this issue. Thanks!

-Eric

Dear @Eric, thanks for the response. Nope, no changes to my setup for months.

@amg ---- Thank you for the quick reply! I’d like to get a copy of your logs over to our developers and will be contacting you via PM with instructions on how to do so momentarily. Thanks!

-Eric

Hi Andrew (@amg ) — I just wanted to touch base with because our developers have had chance to take a look at your logs. Please see below. Thanks!

1. Can you confirm if you see this type of file, “301_urlbase” or something similar "301_XXXX in your DB registry? If you do happen to come across a file like this, please remove it, restart the app, and see if you can reproduce the issue.
  • Path: Library/Roon/Database/Registry.

-Eric

The file “301_urlbase” was in the path Library/Roon/Database/Registry/Identifier. I deleted it and then restarted RoonServer and let it sit for a bit. That didn’t work, but after I restarted RoonServer again, the identification queue was gone. So it did work. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

@amg ---- Glad to hear it worked! Happy listening!

-Eric