Idle Roon becomes "unresponsive" and utilizes 100% of one core

Roon Core Machine

Core: Mac mini late 2012 - Catalina - dual core i5 - 16GB RAM - Roon 2.0 (1148)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Gigabit switch, Google WiFi router, no VPN,

Connected Audio Devices

Core has a NAD DAC via USB. All other devices are networked wireless and/or connected to other machines on the LAN.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

This behavior occurs on three systems. Two are late 2012 Mac Mini systems running Catalina. The third is a M1 MacBook Air running Ventura.
MacBook Air: Leave Roon running. Go to sleep. Next morning Roon is in beachball hell. Unresponsive and must be manually killed.
I’ve observed the same behavior on the Core when logging into the headless machine remotely. Oddly the server function still works even though the UI is hung. I guess that’s a good thing.
Finally the same behavior occurs on my desktop Mac Mini but I use that machine less often so I often will sit down after days away and then find Roon wedged.
I believe this started happening on the last 1.8 updates. It definitely happens more often now running 2.0.
I’ll update with a screen shot the next time it happens. Probably over coffee tomorrow morning. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.