IEM - ? - iPhone or computer - Roon

Yea, I think I will.

Fair enough.

I’ve put mine on eBay. Don’t see the point holding on to it now I’ve got the baby FiiO. Genuinely love this tiny dongle!

1 Like

Chord Mojo 2 a great product :slight_smile: I am just missing BT

Don’t forget to talk with dog :slight_smile: (LOL)

Why do you need a DAC for Bluetooth? Just connect to your iPhone or whatever device you’re using.

If I buy 64 Audio U6t (IEM - cable) connected to device XXX (BT) when moving around and device XXX (USB) (same device but directly connected to my PC) when I am in the office.

Torben,

Those IEMs of yours are more than £1k (I just Googled) them. Have you bought them already or plan to?

Honestly, I don’t see the point of spending that much cash and use them with BT.

Just my two pence :slight_smile:

I guess I’m not really following you at all. Something is getting “lost in translation,” I think. I don’t understand why you are enamored with Bluetooth. However, if you are, just get some Bluetooth headphones or IEM’s and connect by Bluetooth to your iPhone.

For quality listening, get a good DAC and plug into your device using a good quality cable. Don’t try to use bluetooth for quality listening. Use wired headphones or IEM’s plugged into the DAC.

As an example, I have a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones I can use with Bluetooth from my iPhone when walking my dog or, they are also wired if I want to connect to a DAC for better SQ. If I really want good SQ, I use Focal Clear headphones wired to my Chord Mojo 2 DAC. No Bluetooth involved.

I use
Airpod Pros for walking about and audio books.
Colbalt Dac with wired headphones for Roon.

1 Like

That’s a sweet little DAC. I just finished listening to 5 hours of Apple Music streaming from iPhone. I’m also testing with my Dell and it has no problems upconverting to 32/768 if that’s of interest. Right now, I’m using Audirvana 3.5.

I have one of these and can definitely recommend :slight_smile:

Hi Steve - I did you have any problems with volume control?

Your are right :slight_smile:

I’m really enjoying this little DAC. I’ve been using it all day. This DAC, iPhone, and headphones is all you ever need. Connect to Roon at home and Apple Music away from home. It couldn’t get much simpler. And a subscription to Soundiz to keep Apple Music synced with Tidal and/or Qobuz.

I use 64Audio U12T’s with a iFI Go Bar. Comes with USB-C to Lightning cable as well as a USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A adapter. Works great with them.

1 Like

I’ve tried many dongle DAC/Amp’s for use with my iPhone (12 mini, XS,) and iPad (mini 5). I bought a Cobalt when they launched and returned it shortly thereafter.

The “best” I have found so far for sound quality is easily the Luxury & Precision W2. Different filters and two different tuning settings to pick from = a perfect setting for your ears by just playing around with the various options. Way better than the Cobalt (IMHO).

There is now a W2-131 model that I have not tried. It draws a little less power from the source device I guess.

I gave up on the Apple CCK adapter a long time ago. Too clunky, I prefer “minimalist.” I’ve found this Hidizs adapter works well with many dongles.

The Cayin RU6 is also an intriguing piece of gear as it is an R2R ladder DAC. I returned it as it had a background hiss with my iPhone. YMMV. When it didn’t hiss it sounded good and many seem happy with it.

If you want something that doesn’t power itself then my vote is for the Luxury & Precision W2.

1 Like

THANKS for sharing your experience :slight_smile:

Currently I am looking closer at Luxury & Precision W2 and iFi Go Bar.

The only problem with Luxury & Precision W2 is that there is no online-shop/dealer i EU - so I would have to buy it in the US.

1 Like

I’m also intrigued by iFi Go Bar due to it’s unique features. Same dual Cirrus Logic DAC chips as what the W2 uses. I’ll bet the Go Bar sounds good too.

Somebody in Europe must sell chi-fi gear that carries W2… no?

2 Likes

Listening to Tidal with my iFI Go Bar as we speak and I love it.

2 Likes

Back on my Chord Mojo 2 today. It is by far the best DAC I’ve ever used. Well worth the US$800 price tag.