IEM Recommendations

I agree, this $50 IEM sounds great compared to the rest of my collection. No EQ needed out of the box but can be tweaked in Roon DSP PEQ.

2 Likes

Campfire Audio Andromeda 2020 or Solaris 2020. Both are amazing. Both available from CA’s used marketplace for your budget.

Moondrop Variations.

Thieaudio Monarch Mk2 the best sub-$1k IEM in my book by a long margin if (a) they fit, which is highly user specific, (b) you get a lighter cable than stock, and (c) you use the right amplification, which you are doing. They are kinda sucky out of the apple dongle for instance. But this is where I’d put that kind of money myself. Prefer to some of my open-back headphones in some situations and that is saying a lot.

1 Like

Thanks. I have the pairs I mention above inbound. I’m probably on path to a larger collection and have my eyes on a couple of CA pairs. Helpful to hear the strong recommendations for specific pairs…their collection is a little challenging to navigate.

Also didn’t know about the CA marketplace - not thrilled about someone else’s in-ears but I see they include new tips, case, and cable.

1 Like