If you Could bring Back An Artist who Died Prematurely to Cut One Last Album Who Would it Be?

I think I would like to hear what Janis would be doing.

2 Likes

There are quite a few, but if I had to pick one I think it would be Nick Drake.

2 Likes

Wow. There are a lot of great candidates. But I think I’d choose Hendrix.

4 Likes

Amy Winehouse …

4 Likes

I’ll second that one.

I thought about Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison. But, IMO, they were already losing mojo before their deaths. Could always have changed, I realize. But Winehouse died in her prime with only two studio albums. She had a jazz/r&b blend with expressiveness and phrasing that was just stunning. I would love to hear what would have been next.

There is a posthumous album - Lioness: Hidden Treasures - that has some excellent tracks and worth a listen.

3 Likes

Ian Curtis.

3 Likes

Phil Lynott

3 Likes

Jeff Buckley

8 Likes

Robert Johnson

That’s a tough question, Phil Lynott for sure, Bon Scott another. Kurt would be one as well and I would love to have seen what the Manic Street Preachers would have been like with Richey as I haven’t liked anything they have done since he disappeared.

So I’ll go with Richey James Edwards.

1 Like

Actually I will also choose the Stone Roses, their music definitely died prematurely :grin:

1 Like

Jim Morrison is a good choice. So is Duane Allman. But my pick would be Ronnie Van Zant. Who knows what Lynyrd Skynyrd might have done if that plane doesn’t crash…

4 Likes

John Lennon for me and a double album naturally.

.sjb

5 Likes

Walter Becker

Stevie Ray Vaughn

4 Likes

Rory Gallagher

2 Likes

I guess anyone that passed away even 1 year before they should have died “prematurely”…

I suspect the idea was to name artists that died young AND had there best years ahead of them, not behind them…

I viewed 67 years old as being a bit premature, but I’m sure some of those could have been dog years with the rock star life.

I guess I should have put Karen Carpenter :wink:

Mark Hollins.

2 Likes

I have no idea who that is…enlighten me.