Networking Gear & Setup Details

GB switch and ZenWifi XT8 with wired ethernet backhaul

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet expert pro 440 via ethernet / Roon RAAT
second room: Raspberry Pi4 / Topping e30 DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

540,000 tracks

Description of Issue

For those of us who get the message ‘there was an issue loading your database, etc…’, and forgive me if this is old news, but this has worked consistently for me:

• close the roon remote app
  • browse to the roon server (in my case: browse to //rock )
  • restart the server
  • re-launch the roon app and wait for the library to be restored
    This takes a while, depending on library size. But is still better than doing a restore from an old backup…
1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Patrick_Van_Osta, it’s always great to see others share steps that have worked for them in the past! We appreciate you wanting to help others who may benefit from this in the future!

Let us know if we can assist in any way! We’re happy to :pray:t3:

Hang on a minute… if a library has latent corruption - that rears its head at some point, thus requiring a restart - how is this a solution? Is there some other reason (other than DB corruption) that would cause the ‘there was an issue loading your database, etc…’ message? If so, my apologies, but if not, then surely restarting is just putting off the inevitable.

1 Like

I’m not saying it is a permanent solution. All I’m saying is that, so far, a restart of RoonServer (in my case ROCK) has fixed the issue every time it occurs (approx once a week in my case, completely randomly). Rather than having to rebuild the library (550,000 tracks in my case) or even restore from a backup, a simple reboot (and automatic rescan) allows me access to my music again.

But have you tried creating a backup during this period? Given the changes in build 880 this would confirm if your DB is OK, i.e. it should refuse to backup if there’s any (latent) corruption.

My backups are scheduled every 2 days. According to Roon, the last successful backup was this morning at 2:18 am local time…

Hey @DaveN, this is the first step that we recommend when encountering this message in Roon, I’ve posted the snippet from this article, There was an issue loading your database error:

First, try giving your Core machine a reboot. Sometimes your Core might just be in a bad state and a reboot will help. If you’re still seeing issues, it might be a sign that your database has become corrupt.

1 Like

In which case, assuming Roon’s new DB check is running correctly, you should be fine.

In which case that makes perfect sense, especially if backups are running successfully. My concern was that this seemed to be something Patrick needed to keep doing, hence my concern that there could be a more serious issue with his database that wasn’t being checked.

@DaveN, I appreciate you looking out for other Roon users :blush: that is a valid worry.

@Patrick_Van_Osta, if you ever feel that you’re receiving this message too frequently and are worried that something may be wrong with your database, let us know and we can troubleshoot with you!

1 Like

Thank you, I wil keep an eye on it and report back if needed.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.