IFI Dac support

HI,

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
CentOS 7 kernel 5.4.86-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 running on VMware Esxi 6
Roon Version 1.7 (Build 710) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Single layer 2 home subnet, Netgear layer 2 swiches, Dell optiplex 3510 laptop Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
IFI XDSD USB DAC firmware 5.3c IFI ASIO USB driver 3.20.0
Remote Roon v1.7 build 710 stable running on
Dell Precision 3510
Windows 10 pro v2004 10.0.19041.685 x64

Description Of Issue
IFI is not listed at all.
Unidentified device. IFI (by AMR) HD USB audio.
causes:
No Native DSD playback (only DoP)
Max Sample rate DSD 128 (device support DSD 256)

Why is IFI not detected when connected to my Windows endpoint?

It still works thought right? Like it plays music through it? Or is it not working when hooked up to your PC? There are many DACs that Roon does not recognize but they work perfectly fine. It is not an issue and just means it is not a recognized device. If you are having other issues between the DAC and the computer then its probably some settings that need to be configured.

Can you maybe write out your audio chain such as : Roon core → Roon endpoint (SOTM)→ DAC.

Hi,
Yes it works, with te limitation I described. It also works with the Tidal an Qobuz app.
I read that ROPieee added support for several IFI devices in their PI Image. So I assumed if there is a driver on a Windows endpoint it got regonised to…

2018/10/01 (179)
  • FIX: display progress bar is flashing when multiple zones are playing
  • FIX: wait longer for network connection on Pi 3 B+
  • IMPROV: bump Linux Kernel to 4.14.72
  • IMPROV: support native DSD on multiple iFi devices

My Setup:
Roon core (headless Linux server) -> Roon Remote (Windows 10 Laptop)–> IFI xDSD USB Dac

Hi @John_Knappers,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.