Roon Core Machine

MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 32Gb

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wi-Fi

Connected Audio Devices

iFi Diablo with USB-C>USB A adapter.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

It seems there’s an issue playing MQA on the iFi Diablo, with very frequent skips. I have also noticed that Roon switches between MQA and non-MQA while playing the song, and the iFi light goes from the standard yellow (for 16/44) to green (MQA). The light flickers in time with the skips, and so does the Signal path information in Roon.
I’ve captured a video of Roon playing an MQA song off Tidal, to give a better idea of what’s going on, here’s the link:

https://youtu.be/hKNZ31Zektw
thanks,
Alex

First thought here is can you try to connect by Ethernet cable instead of WiFi and see if any changes?

No, I can’t. But I’m sitting literally in front of the Wi-Fi router. Bandwidth’s no issue.

I’m doing some further testing now, as it seems the skips mostly happen on MQA 44.1kHz files. MQA 48/96/192 seem to play fine.

Edit: spoke too soon, just got an MQA 192 to skip just now, multiple times :frowning:

Also noticed there was a firmware 7.4 for it, dated 3/14, so did that update, which didn’t do anything for this issue…

I’ve began to notice skips in non-MQA material as well…

Tried to follow the log file to see if anything different shows when Roon skips, but nothing… Though the log is full of entries like this:

03/30 22:17:11 Warn: frame took 64.10ms! 15.81ms preframe, 0.00ms safe queue, 0.44ms timers, 0.00ms frame calls, 56.83ms update, 6.75ms render

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.