iMac 2017(i7) High CPU in 10.15.1

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Roon 1.6 416 64bit
macOS 10.15.1 Roon 1.6 475

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

10G Ethernet via Cisco Switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sony CAS1, USB

Description Of Issue

Very high CPU even disable all audio device, no importing action, audio analysis all off. Laughing the app, the CPU would just go to 30%-50% without do anything.

Hi @tsw,

Can you please provide some more information regarding your Roon Setup? I see you have both Windows and Mac listed in your Core machine description, are you using the Windows as a Core and your Mac only to control Roon? Do you observe the CPU usage on both machines? Is there music playing in the background when this issue occurs?

Hi, @noris, yes, Windows as Core and Mac as control, Windows’ CPU is normal even when streaming, but Mac’s CPU always stay at 30+% even no music playing.

Hi @tsw,

I would try reinstalling the Mac Roon Client App. You can do so using the following instructions (on your Mac, not Windows):

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

Does reinstalling the app and rebooting your Mac help with this? I would also make sure that you have no “tutorial bubbles” present as these can use CPU to display.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.