iMac - There was an error checking for an update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Catalina 10.15.2 with Roon as client, version 1.7 build 511
Intel NUC6i5SYH with Rock, version 1.7 build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT-AC88U via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

In the about page in the client software (on the iMac) I get an ‘There was an error checking for an update.’ No error message for Rock, no error on my other devices (iPad, Macbook, Android).
I have tried to download and reinstall Roon several times without result. The message stays.
The error message was not there before version 1.7

Hi, @Arie_van_Boxel, based on your post above, Roon on your Mac is already running the latest version of Roon. So, may I kindly ask you to follow these steps and share your logs with us via GDrive or Dropbox link? We need to examine them to tell why your Roon is trying to perform an update when it’s already running the latest version.

Thanks!

Ivan

Ivan,

I have checked the logs myself (stupid I did not do that earlier).
The cause of the error is that I am using a proxy to connect to the internet:

12/26 09:43:44 Warn: [appupdater] Couldn’t connect to update server: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

When I switch off the proxy, Roon says ‘You have the latest version installed.’.

Thank you Ivan.

Hi @Arie_van_Boxel,

Thanks for the update! I’m glad things are working for you now. If you ever have any other questions or issues please feel free to reach out. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.