Image upload triggered blocked word, prevented posting [Reported to Discourse]

I just tried unsuccessfully to post to the ‘What Are We Listening To’ thread with two screenshots. This was the error message:

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 1.21.16 PM

Took me a while to figure this out. Quite ridiculous, too.

Apologies for the inconvenience, it’s a unfortunate side effect of the measures that have been put in place to improve the forum. As the tools at our disposable improve it may be possible to revisit some of cruder measures but for now they serve a purpose.

I assume you overcome this issue by re-generating the image file, if not that’s what I would recommend.

No worries. After first reading through my post several times desperately looking for the forbidden word, I finally figured it out and took another screenshot.

But yes, it seems a bit crude and overzealous a measure…

Yeah, when we were young we’d be sent to bed with no dinner for saying ‘MUoLLy’, so this is not surprising to me…

1 Like

Who names a file 19CSjfUCKgjZMUoLLy9AQdlNCzi.jpeg anyway?

Not me… the system assigns the name on uploading.

aha, it censored itself :laughing:

2 Likes

Looks like Discourse is reporting itself here :sweat_smile:

Since it generated a file name that contained a word that is blocked on our forums it wouldn’t allow the post to go through. I reported this to the folks at Discord to see if this can be avoided in the future. I imagine it’s a rare occurrence though!

2 Likes

Thank you @dylan. I’ve uploaded hundreds of images, I think, and this was a first.