Images for some artists reliably not appearing in displays #2

Hi @beka, I wonder whether there is any progress in diagnosing this problem?

The problem has become less prevalent and affects different artists. This may because of changes in Roon or because I had to adjust the aspect ratio of my artist pictures following a change in the way Chromecast displays artist images.

This video Dropbox - Webdisplay artists.mp4 - Simplify your life shows a selection of artist images which do not display: this is on Chrome running on the Mac Studio Roon Core. To help the engineers diagnose the problem, here is the first artist image from the video which fails to display: Dropbox - Manhattan Transfer.png - Simplify your life.

Thanks as always for your help.

1 Like

Thank you, @Barry_Skingle for following up and including this many resources. Iā€™ve passed them on to our technical team.

Please, stay tuned :pray:

Hello @Barry_Skingle ,

Thank you for those details and for your patience here while Iā€™ve had a chance to consult with the team regarding your case.

Since you are able to reproduce this issue in the Chrome browser, we are wondering if we can get some Console information from your Chrome browser. This can typically be done by pressing F12 and then accessing the Console menu when an image fails to load. I have attached instructions below:

Chrome console log

This log type can help troubleshooting assets failing to load, content loading issues.

1. Click the 3 dots, at the top-right, to open the overflow menu.
  2. Choose ā€˜More toolsā€™ > ā€˜Developer toolsā€™ to bring up the console.
  3. Select the ā€˜Consoleā€™ā€™ tab and make sure the option ā€˜Preserve logā€™ is checked.
  4. Reproduce the issue. Youā€™ll see data being collected in the console window.
  5. Right click on any log statement in the console window, and click Save Asā€¦ to save the log file to your computer.
  6. Upload the log to our log collector and let us know:
    https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

browser logs

Hi @noris, thanks for your message. The log file is called Barry_Skingle-1653129874197.log.

I started one of the test tracks. The image failed to load and you can see the two internal server errors. Then I grabbed the left-hand edge of the Chrome window and made it narrower. The image appeared, as you can see in the log! The image disappears above some aspect ratio. Itā€™s curious because all my images have an aspect ratio of 1:2.3.

I hope this additional info allows the problem to be solved.

1 Like

Hi @Barry_Skingle ,

Thanks for the log! I have passed this ticket on to the QA team for further review. It may take some time for the ticket to make itā€™s way through the queue, but we will let you know once we have any further details, thanks!

Hi @noris, just keeping this thread alive.

1 Like

Hi @Barry_Skingle ,

Thanks for the reminder on this, I see that we have a ticket in development regarding this behavior. As per policy, I canā€™t comment on a timeline of when the ticket will be addressed, but we are still looking into this. Thanks in advance for your patience!

1 Like

Hi @Barry_Skingle ,

I wanted to touch base to let you know that your case is undergoing additional review, and the team has kindly requested that you can send the images you mentioned from this post:

Can you please upload these pictures here and let us know once uploaded? Thanks!

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external

Done, @noris :+1:.

1 Like

Thanks @Barry_Skingle , Iā€™ve passed the images on to the team!

1 Like

Iā€™ve changed the auto close to 6 months instead of the usual 1 month, @Barry_Skingle . I see that the ticket is still in the queue, but it has not yet reached the top of the priority queue. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hi @noris, just keeping this ticket open.

1 Like

Hi @noris, I decided to dig into this. The issue impacted only 17 of 433 image files: I havenā€™t spotted what distinguishes them. On those that are impacted, reducing the aspect ratio to < 2.2880 resolves the problem. For example, with the Josey Scott picture above, reducing the aspect ratio from 1501x3452 (2.2998) to 1501x3434 (2.2878) enables the image to display.

1 Like

Thanks for that additional information @Barry_Skingle , I have added it to the ticket tracking this issue. I am glad you were able to manually correct the images!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.