Images Not Rendering [Resolved]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
RAM: 32GB
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX2080Ti

Roon Server/Core: Build 521
Roon Remote: Build 521

Music is stored locally on the machine, currently 32878 tracks

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All PCs are is hardwired in apart from mobile devices and Chromecasts

Ubiquiti USG-Pro Gateway
Ubiquiti USW-24 Switch
Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Pro

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Toslink > Schiit Bifrost > Schiit Lyr
USB > Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 > XLR to Active Studio Monitors

Description Of Issue

Strange issue here, I just setup Roon yesterday and it was working great, until I realized that with the Core/Control/Output package, the core closes when you close the App on the computer. So i followed the guild in the KB to migrate my installation to RoonServer, and use the existing Roon install as a Remote to connect on the same machine.

After this music playback and most other features work, apart from rendering any images, no album artwork, artist images, my avatar and even the genre images are all just black boxes.

I assumed that maybe something had gotten corrupted or cached wrong, so I proceeded to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of Roon and RoonServer with no luck. So I went even further and ran Revo Uninstaller to remove all trace of both programs and any leftover registry entries, rebooted and performed a clean install with a brand new library, strangely the issue is still occurring.

The images do appear fine on the mobile app and other Remote apps, so i don’t think it is an issue with RoonServer, and is limited to this instance of Roon Remote. Seems to occur every time I open the Remote on this machine now.

Hi @SlyBlue,

There was an issue here that has since been resolved. Please see Noris’ post below and let us know if you’re still seeing any issues.

1 Like

Working now after that was fixed, thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.