Import Issues with new albums added to NAS share

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro, El Capitan, Roon 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology NAS storing music files, Ethernet CAT6, MacBook Pro running Roon on Ethernet. No issues with connectivity, all devices showing correctly. Also running Google WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

I have problem with Roon not recognising albums added to NAS music folder mapped in Storage. It is inconsistent, some albums are added and some not. Two albums purchased from HDTracks - one showed up, one not. Forced re-scan produces no results. Today, I have ripped couple of more CDs and copied them to the music folder on NAS - no luck again. Forced re-scan again, nothing. Audirvana shows new albums instantly. Picard also recognises them complete with metadata.
Something I am doing wrong? I have 9 days left in my trial and as much as I love the software otherwise, this is an obvious show stopper if not resolved.
Peter

I assume you have tried adding them to Roon after recognized by Picard, Because I would have thought that if Picard has identified them and added MusicBrainz tags then Roon would use those MusicBrainz Ids as identifiers ?

Paul, the short answer is yes, I have. The problem turned out to be between Roon Core on a MacBook Pro and my Synology NAS. I have found other users having similar issues. So rather than fighting it, I bought a NUC, installed ROC and transferred my music library to a USB external drive connected directly to the NUC. And everything started to work… Any change to the music library is instantly recognised, no more forced scans etc. Clearly there is an issue there and hopefully Roon coders will look into it some day. I have setup Roon database backup to the NAS and that works very well, have a bunch of them already. Also added automatic sync between the USB drive and the NAS to have music library backed up.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.