Import only lossless tracks from iTunes

Hi all,

I am a new Roon user and love it.

There is one issue however that bothers me: I do not want to add all the compressed, low-quality music from iTunes to my Roon library. Instead, I would like to only import (and watch) all Audio files of at least CD quality in the iTunes music folder. What is the best way to do this in Roon? Is there a way?

Or do I just import everything and afterwards hide the thousands of lower quality music files directly in Roon? Is this associated with any disadvantages, e.g. a lot of overhead-processing Roon has to perform, etc?

What is the best way to do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Best wishes,
Jens

With storage so inexpensive, I would import them all and do a bulk Hide of those you don’t want. They may prove useful one day. J

I import the full itunes library, including all of my 16 year daughter’s itunes pop crap in 256K. To focus on lossless, i run a tag for all tracks that are AAIF, FLAC, TIDAL, DSD, 16/44, etc. It is my first bookmark. When I am ready to browse and listen, i hit that filter and - presto! - all lossy are hidden from view!.

Thanks! Very helpful. I did what you suggested, imported everything and hid all the compressed files. It worked well.