Imported iTunes Playlists are split in two

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP NAS TS-453Be, Firmware 4.5.1 (1451)
Roon Version 7.1 (built 710)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritzbox-Router, LAN Infrastucture with Netgear Switches and Fritz Repeater

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Majic, iPad Pro as Frontend

Description Of Issue

I have successfully connected my iTunes On a Mac with Roon and could synchronize my iTunes Playlists. Various Playlists are split in two. They have the same Name and different songs. Both playlists contain the full list of songs.

Hello @Uwe_Scariot, and welcome to the community! Could you please send me some screenshots of the playlist both in and out of Roon? How many tracks are in the playlist?

Attached some Screenshots:

• Mac with iTunes and one of the spltted Playlists open (!!Simone)
  • iPad with Roon App and the imported Playlists. You can see several of them splitted in two with the same name
  • iPad Screenshots of the Playlist !!Simone in both Versions

You can see that any title from itunes is only in one of the two playlists

Uwe

Hello @Uwe_Scariot, and thanks for the update! Could you please upload a copy of the “!!Simone” here so I can send it to the team for further investigation? Please let me know when you’ve had a chance to do this.

done!

I have uploaded 2 versions: xml and txt

Thanks for sending that over, @Uwe_Scariot! @nuwriy is out today but I’ll make sure this gets over to the team and we’ll follow up once we have their feedback. Thanks!

Hello @Uwe_Scariot, and thanks for your feedback while our team took a look at the playlist. I’d like to gather more information about the issue, could you please help me with the following?

1. Screenshot of the playlist location outside of Roon
  2. Can you tell me where the iTunesLibrary.xml is located and where that is in relation to the playlist?
  3. Could you please upload a copy of the iTunesLibrary.xml file here?

I have uploaded the iTunesLibrary.xml and have made a screenshot of the filesystem where it ist located.

What do you mean with “playlist location outside of roon”. I don’t know how iTunes stores playlists. And I cannot find anything with !!Simone (the playlist) in the filesystem. I think the playlists are included in the iTunesLibrary.xml!?

Hello @Uwe_Scariot, in your iTunes watched folder you should be able to see that playlist. What I want to see is if the watched folder holding that playlist also holds your iTunes Music Library.xml file. Let me know if you’re able to find it!

Not shure if I understand you. Never heard about an “iTunes watched folder”. Is it a folder within Roon? Maybe my problem is that I use the German user interface.
I have connected Roon to the directory of the screenshot. So you can see everythingin the screenshot. Therre are no playlists. I still don’t know how to find playlists in a folder. There are no plalists in my Mac folders at all.
Even in the description behind your link there is only the information that my iTunes library file should be located there. And as you can see it is.

Meanwhile I have understood what the iTunes watched folder is. But there is definitely no Playlist file. There are no playlist files at all on my Mac.

Hello @Uwe_Scariot, my apologies, I don’t understand. Could you please send me a screenshot of settings>storage and a screenshot of the filepath to the playlist outside Roon? I need to see the watched folder that the playlist currently resides in.

I hope this is the information you have asked for

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.