Imported music into Apple Music not showing in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini Catalina 10.15.5 running Roon version 1.7 build 571

Description Of Issue

I recently upgraded to Catalina and attempted my first CD import since doing so. The new album shows in Music but does not show in Roon. The music files are located in Music-> iTunes->iTunes Media->Music. I noticed that the “iTunes Library” itl file and “iTunes Music Library” xml file have not updated. I confirmed that the new album info is not inside the xml file. I noticed that the Music->Music->“Music Library” file has been updated.

Suggestions?

John

Hello @John_Wimer, and thanks for your report! Can you please send me a screenshot of “Setting>Storage” and let me know if placing other music in this location has the same issue? Thanks!

Manually adding a music file to Music-> iTunes->iTunes Media->Music has no affect on Roon. I can add them to Music->roon and roon sees them immediately.

Hello @John_Wimer, the iTunes feature you’re using has deprecated as of version 1.3, but there’s good news! We’ve replaced it with a better feature I’d like you to try. Before you do, please see if you have a backup from before you upgraded to Catalina, and also make a separate backup now.

Next, I’d like you to remove the old “iTunes Library” folder shown in your screenshot then follow the steps outlined here.

All good now so far as I can tell. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Anytime @John_Wimer, please let us know if you have further questions, we’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.