Impossible to change track titles

@kevin
I have changed the format of the second CD as they have now the same album title and other credits in the file name. It doesn’t change anything. How can I force an update of the ROON database?

Pieter dVR

Sadly, TIDAL doesn’t have this set in the US. Sigh.

I believe it’s nothing to do with your cds, as I have reproduced your problem with the Tidal Lohengrin I mentioned above.

It’s Roon.

Roon should automagically change its db when you redid your cds, but you can force a rescan by
settings, storage, 3 dots, force rescan

…or Edit Album/Rescan Album.

Pieter, The track title comes from Roon’s DB, Rovi.

1. Actually, you can change the track table. First DE-Identify (unidentify?) the entire album. Then select the track and change the title. The track title will change.

“But that means that my album is no longer IDed!”
Yep, it’s kind of a package deal. If you ask Roon to ID, and your file does NOT contain a track title tag, it will use the track titles from its database.

“Well, that’s no good.”
Yeah, there are issues. The way that gives YOU most control is to use a 3rd party tagging app, add WORK and PART tags to each composition, and re-import. But, that’s more work.

Here is a screen shot of the same track as you tried to change, but from a different TIDAL album. Note I first had to unID the album.

Infuriatingly John, that’s not always true.
Here’s an identified Wagner album where I have successfuly changed the track title…

Beyond my pay grade, I think. Sorry.

Even if a title comes from Roon’s data base I should ecpect that I can change it

I quite agree. Let’s get the big boys in… @support

Hi, @pieterdvr, thanks for your report and sorry for a late reply. While editing of track titles is possible in Roon, editing of part names (for multi-part compositions) is only possible right now by editing file tags. For the moment, this is not possible with TIDAL content, although you can feel free to open a Feature Request for more editing options in this area.

For local files, the workaround is to follow these steps (Thanks, @John_V, your post is the same thing I wanted to offer ):

1. Use Prefer File Tag Data for Part/Grouping and Track Name
  2. Edit file tags of the file using the tag editor on the machine
  3. Roon will automatically pick up your changes.

Thanks and apologies for inconvenience!

Ivan

I’m confused. Here’s an edit of a part name of a Tidal album…

Can you explain to an old codger?

“It’s a mystery.” :slight_smile:

How about this: you can change part titles so long as it is not important to you.

1 Like