Impossible to get Roon to remain connected to Mu-so 1st and 2nd gen

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac as my core and.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
BT Halo 2 as my router.
WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Two Mu-so as my endpoints.

Description Of Issue
The connection between the core and players drops out every few minutes. Also the Mu-so’s disappear leaving only my iPad or iPhone 11 max and. HP player visible.

When working it’s great but too frequently it stops.

Please appreciate I’m not technical, my equipment is fairly new. Any ideas please. Using Wi-Fi. I’ve no issues with wi if in the home. Any ideas please. Thanks

More specific Mac model and network details are going to help us help you

Hi again. Mac details. Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.6. iMac retina 5k 27inch. Processor 3.2Ghz Quad core. Intel. Core 15. Memory 8gb mhzDDR3. Startup disk Mac HD 1.02TB. Graphics AmD Radeon R9m380 2gb.
Naim mu-so player. One 2nd generation. Few weeks old. Other one 1st generation approx 20 months old.
Router is Bt Halo 2 fairly new. Connections to units is by Wi-Fi.
No problems on Wi-Fi as I run tidal and Spotify through Naim app on my iPhone 11 max and my iPad Air version One. No issues watching video streaming through my Wi-Fi.
Roon could run for only a few minutes.
Have no idea what problem is. One core and two speakers. Love it if you could help.

Is this on a trial started recently? Just asking as I’m assuming this is a problem from the get go not something that has recently happened?

WiFi as a core connection is not recommended. It’s unclear if the iMac is also only connected via WiFi…if so I suggest you try it via a cables lan connection even if it’s temporary to troubleshoot the issue.

Can I just add when the core drops out and I establish contact again my Muso which was on Wi-Fi disappears being replaced by HQ player or iPhone or iPad. Also the Muso can reappear only showing airplay or chrome cast. A few minutes later the Muso can reappear in wifi again.
Thanks

Sorry didn’t see your message before your reply. This is a 60 day trial.

iMac has always been on wifi

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices

Hello @Belford_Wilson, do you have the ability to connect your core via Ethernet? Wizardofoz has the right link here, and we do not recommend Wi-Fi on the core. If you can hook up an Ethernet connection to your router from the core that would be a great way to test. Thanks!

I had a very similar issue with a very similar setup. iMac Pro was connected with Wi-Fi to my Naim Muso V2 and as soon as I switched to Ethernet, the problem stopped.

Hi again. Done as suggested. Mac connected direct to router. Problem appeared resolved however my new muso 2 keeps dropping off as available speaker under muso icon. I can use it with airplay under a speaker icon?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.