Improve metadata is paused

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Core is running on a Samsung T5 SSD connectect to Synology DS916+ with 8 GB RAM
Latest build of Roon 1.8 build 790

Roon client is running on MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iPad, Apple (all of them with the most recent OS- and app-versions).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritzbox 7490 Router, 100/100 Mbit internet connection.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue

I have a spinning “wheel” in the top right corner. When I click on it, I get the following message. Rebooting Core, NAS and router doesn’t fix the problem

Hi @spvanbattum

Can you try giving your Core a reboot and let us know if that helps?

Hi Dylan,
Thans for looking in to this. Rebooting Core, NAS, router and Mac-devices doesn’t help. NAS is on Gbit Ethernet connection with the router by the way. And no other problems whatsoever in my internet setup (inside-out and outward-in).

I was wondering if you could change the default DNS servers to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS as that has helped others with similar problems.

Hi Carl,

I tried both Cloudfare and Google DNS, gave the router a reboot after adjusting each setting. The spinning wheel was still there. After giving both the core and NAS a reboot the process continued and finished in several minutes. The spinning wheel is gone :+1:t2: Thanks for helping out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.