Improver halted message

Same thing here. Should I open a support thread with more details?

Hi @CostasD,

I’ve split your post into it’s on support thread. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any change after a reboot of the Core?

Hi @dylan ,

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC 7i5BNH running ROCK OS Version 1.0 (build 186) and Roon Server Version 1.7 (build 521).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core, Control (Windows 10 PC) and main endpoint wired ethernet to Cisco SG112-24 switch, which is connected to Asus RT-86U router. Other endpoints via WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Main endpoint is ethernet-connected USBridge Signature Player connected to iFi Micro iDSD Black Label DAC via USB. Multiple (WiFi) Chromecast and Sonos endpoints.

Description Of Issue

“Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update.” message; new music isn’t identified. I have powered down the core, router and switch but the issue persists.

I’m seeing the same message. I switch back and forth between 2 cores and recently (maybe since last update, not sure), I’m able to begin playback without unauthorizing my other core and play music for some time. Qobuz screens won’t load, Tidal screens won’t load, but the tracks will play. At some point, I’ll look at Roon again, and see the message to switch cores. That’s when I’ll get the error message described above. Restarting Roon clears it. Please let me know if there is additional data that might helpful to you in sorting this out.

Hi @CostasD,

Thanks for the details here. I’ve enabled diagnostics on your account and the team is looking into this. I’ll be sure to update you as soon as they’ve provided further feedback.

No spinning disc since installing the 528 build. I just added an album and it immediately identified it.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata error message

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.