Inconsistent artist libraries

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC ROCK Roon v1.7 build 511
Roon Remote on iPhone 8, v1.7 build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Arris Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Simaudio Moon MiND 2 streamer (Ethernet)
Chord 2Qute (digital coax)
Rotel RC1590 (analog)

Description Of Issue

I have Tidal connected to my Roon. 95% of the artists I click on will display all Tidal available albums, related artists, concerts, etc, as expected. However, some of my favorite artists, such as Leonard Cohen and David Bowie (see attached screenshot) only displays “Compositions”, limited to specific songs from “My Library”, i.e. only songs included on my Tidal playlists. There is no way for me to browse any of Cohen’s or Bowie’s albums. Any idea if there is a setting or something that I need to modify?

I wonder if you could try something. When you search for ‘leonard cohen’ it brings up your results but the first one is ‘Top Result - Artist LEONARD COHEN’. If you select the picture of Leonard lifting his hat in the top result does it bring up all the albums. I think if you have not done this then it will only find albums with leonard cohen in their name as you have not yet told it that you are interested in everything by the artist yet.

Hi @Hans-Christian_Troed,

We currently have a bug report open with our development team about this issue. This can happen if you only have composition credits for an artist but no albums associated with the artist in your library. If you were to add an album for this artist to your library this would resolve the issue for that artist.

I can’t provide any specific timelines for when this issue will be resolved, but we will be sure to keep you updated as we have new information.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you Dylan. That did the trick!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.