Inconsistent Hardware Volume Control with Roon iOS App (ref#2230KU)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Interface & Usability

Description of Issue

Hello! I use roon app for iOS. The hardware volume buttons work not as expected. For example, the first time you tune the volume it works fine. But the next time you press Up button, the volume actually goes down. Repeats very often.

Roon Server Platform

Roon Server Specifications

Version 2.0 (build 1357) running on MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos speakers

Home Network Details

WiFi 2.4 GHz

Hi maxusachev,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! Sorry to hear you’re running into volume issues within Roon.

Are you specifically referring to the volume buttons on your iOS device, or the software buttons / slider within the Roon Remote app?

If you could please reproduce the issue and share the specific date and time, that would be helpful.

If you could also temporarily disable your sonos devices and any endpoints, and see if you can reproduce this issue from the system output of the iOS device, thank you!

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.