Incorrect Artist Link On Album Page

Roon Core Machine

iMac Pro, 32 GB Ram, 3.2GHz 8-Core INtel Xeon W

Networking Gear & Setup Details

900MBPS Comcast, Connected via Ethernet, Netgear Orbi Router, Netgear Nighthawk Modem

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Muso V2

Number of Tracks in Library

4950 albums, 78000 tracks

Description of Issue

Occasionally I see an issue with the album artist links on an album’s page. Oftentimes it is when an artist shares the name with another artist.

For example, here is an EP by the band DNA. There is a statement that says “All tracks performed by DNA” that contains a link.

If I click this link, instead of taking me to the actual band’s page, it takes me to a different artist’s page instead, for example what appears to be an electronic music duo that goes by the same name of DNA.

I’ve tried modifying a few things to get this to stop from occurring, but nothing has really worked. Any ideas? Note: If I click on the artist link underneath the album name, that link works correctly.

Thanks!

Hey @Patrick_Priemer,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As always, we appreciate the heads up here. Our index doesn’t link back to the electronic band with the name DNA. Do you have the electronic band named DNA in your library? Are you using Roon’s metadata or local tags for this album?

Hi Jamie, great question. I think I actually just resolved this though. Somehow the electronic group DNA was considered the primary artist for the album by the no-wave band DNA, so I took that off and voila.

To answer your question though, I can see this electronic group in Valence in the below screenshot, so that would lead me to believe it’s coming from Roon. At least, if I’m understanding correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.