Incorrect artists on albums

I have the same problem with many of my music files. I will have them tagged correctly, but when Roon sees them it will sometimes assign a different artist. I can correct the erroneous attribution, but the incorrect artis still is linked to the album.

Hi @Mark_Schumacher,

Can you share screenshots of an example of this?

Thanks!

Dylan

Thanks for the help.

As background – I have a large music collection, including classical, jazz, rock and others. I always tag albums before transferring the files to the NAS containing my Roon library, and then compare my tags with those suggested by Roon. This is extremely helpful to double-check any errors I may have made when tagging and making sure I have the most useful information in my Roon database.

The problem in the example below (and perhaps many similar problems) arise due to my tagging of classical albums. In my tags and Roon database I use “composer – composition” for the album title. In the example below, I have a CD of compositions by Steve Reich, one of which is performed by Pat Metheny. Roon has suggested that perhaps the actual album artist is Daniel Lippel (who also has recorded this composition) and has suggested I use the artwork from Lippel’s album. I believe that I have unchecked every relevant box in the menus, but I still cannot remove the association with Daniel Lippel (nor the performance dates, although I don’t care about these).

Hi @Mark_Schumacher,

Can you zip this album folder and send it over to us? You can upload it here:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9eObN-LVTzf

Thanks!