Incorrect metadata Bach - Marriner - Academy St. Martin-in-the-fields - Suites 2 & 3

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Tried, but failed. See below.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local files

Screenshot of import settings

Sorry, can’t find any import settings in this location

Description of the issue

The album with the performance by Neville Marriner and the Academy fo St. Martin-In-the-Fields of Bach’s Suites 2 & 3, Flute Concerto, and Concerto for Violin and Oboe has incorrect metadata for the Suites 2 & 3. Instead of the Suites Prelude and Fugue for keyboard No. 22 in B flat minor and Partita for solo violin No. 3 appear. Incorrectly. The Concertos seem partially incorrect.

My files have great metadata embedded. Roon won’t let me choose the embedded metadata through the metadata preference option. If I try, it shows the embedded data for a brief fraction of a second and is overridden by the incorrect data from the Roon database.

Re-identify, and re-analyze don’t work.

Please correct.

How can I make Roon choose the embedded data?

Thanks

Hey @Kunlun,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this, I apologize for the delay in responding. I had hoped to get back to you sooner and appreciate your patience.

I am sorry to hear that you were having issues with your files tags and with identifying this album. Since there’s been a delay in getting back to you I wanted to inquire whether you were able to get this tagged properly?

If not please, try to re-identify this album again in Roon by doing the following:

1. Click the ellipsis on the album page
  2. Click edit
  3. Click Identify album
  4. Click the correct album title if it appears (if it doesn’t jump to step 6)
  5. On the next page compare the tracks on your library version to the one in our database
  6. If you don’t see the album you’re looking for click “None of these look right”
  7. Enter Marriner and Bach Flute Concerto in the search window and click the album below:

1. On the next page compare the tracks on your library version to this one in our database. I think this is the one you need.

2. Click Save

3. Review the metadata again to ensure you selected the correct version.

4. Return to the Edit screen and prefer your File artwork, if desired.

That should take care of it!

That fixed it, thanks. Turns out the solution was in choosing the right version of the album. I was not aware there was a second one with correct tags. It would be good if the correct version was made the ‘primary’ version. Or simply delete the other one as there is no way that could be an actual version of this album. Anyway, all looks fine now.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.