Increasing refresh rate (smoothness) of waveform seekbar

Hello,

I would like to increase the refresh rate of the waveform seekbar so that it progresses smoothly and doesn’t just jump ahead every second. Is this possible?

If not, is it possible to replace it with a regular seekbar that moves smoothly? Or just hide it? It’s distracting having it jumping around on my second monitor.

Thanks

I’ve moved your post into the Support category of the forum, where it will be seen, and responded to, by a member of the Support team.

It’s clear that something is not right with your setup, because the seekbar should be progressing normally, and certainly not jumping ahead every second.

The first thing the support team need to know are the details of your system - for example, you mentioned a “second monitor”. Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Including these details in your first post helps them resolve your issues faster.

Thanks.

core machine

• macOS Catalina (10.15.4)
  • MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
  • 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
  • 16GB ram
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8gb
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • several monitors, but the issue persists even using only the internal monitor

networking details

• playing on core machine using system output

audio devices

• build-in speakers
  • airpods pro

library details

• music stored in ~/Documents/Media/Music (Documents is in iCloud drive)
  • 9532 tracks imported

Are you sure Geoff? Mine does. It is more evident with short tracks. I think it’s always been that way.

Aarggh! - I think you are right. I’ve never noticed it before (perhaps because I usually play long tracks). Strange - I had the distinct impression that at one time it was a smooth progression.

Let’s wait for a response from Support - and if they concur that this is expected behaviour, then @Andras_Veto can raise it as a Feature Request in that category of the Forum.

If this does end up getting fixed, it would be nice to have it match the refresh rate of the monitor being used (or at least to have the option to set the refresh rate).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.