Independent volume control in Group mode

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Hi, I have ROCK setup on NUC10 - running well. The question I have is when I group two audio devices together and try to control the devices volume independently on my IPhone 7 with the remote app, the slider changes both devices volume at the same time as a group audio black box comes up onto the screen. Is there a way of stopping this? I want to have my headphones playing one level while the other audio device at a alternate volume level.

Maybe there isnt enough realestate to show more than the master control

IIRC this works fine on a desktop or tablet too

Seems to work sporadically. If I have my Bose headphones attached to my iPad it seems to glitch - maybe due to these. Goes ok when my iPhone has B and O H95 headphones attached and Cambridge audio EVO150 as the other audio source.

Hey @Brett_Woodley,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and welcome to the community! In order to better serve you, I’ve included additional information we’ll need from you in your original post. Please be as specific as possible with your Core, Network, and device information.

Does this occur only when using your iPhone as a roon remote? If so, please remove the roon app from your phone, power down the device and reinstall roon to see if your issue persists.

We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.