Inexpensive “zone” for non-critical listening?

Yes all that works fine but see below. Looked up IGMP and it is enabled by default on my router (TP Archer C3200)
I did some more testing to see if I could brake it…

• Powernode2 (wired) + Flex (wifi) -> 2 zones stay in sync

• Flex (wifi) + rpi3 (wired) -> 2 zones stay in sync

• Powernode2 (wired) + rpi3 (wired) -> 2 zones stay in sync

• Powernode2 (wired) + Flex (wifi) + rpi3 (wired) -> 3 zones stay in sync

• Powernode2 (wired) + Flex (wifi) + rpi3 (wired) +rpi3 (wifi) -> things fall apart :slight_smile: The 4th zone (the rpi) on wifi is out of sync with the other 3.

So I guess it all depends on how many zones are playing and if they are on wifi or not… Hopefully a RAAT update will solve it.

Thanks so much for your time on looking at this - certainly your results are still much more successful than mine! Encouraging to hear that it may all be possible. I guess it probably makes sense to await the update and then retry. Given that you too have igmp enabled I think that’s probably a red herring.

You might be right about the Node 2, or perhaps it’s some network strangeness. I’ve just rejigged things around to setup new speakers & RPi. I now have a Flex and RPi on Wi-Fi via the same AP and they stay in sync. However, neither will stay in sync with the Node 2, which is connected via cable to the same switch.

Ah well, back to waiting I guess!