INFO: SongKong Pro Music Tagger 20% Discount for Roon Users

Hi Paul, yes the ROONMAGDALENE code is still valid, but we don’t currently support adding lyrics.

Are lyrics a planned upgrade? This is my main requirement.

Not at the moment, there isn’t really a reliable source that I can use.

That makes sense. What would be my main benefit as a use who had already taken the time to add basic meta data to all my rips? Sorry I’m new to this and got excited over lyrics but want to give it chance.

Before I tag my files with Sonkong, I first run MusicBrainz Picard with the Apiseeds Lyrics plugin enabled. The lyrics are not all usable and some even completely wrong, but so I have at least already written the lyrics tag in the files and can insert so easier better lyrics.
I just discovered the Picard plugin Happi.dev Lyrics, but I haven’t tried it yet.

From a Roon perspective, please see Does SongKong help get more albums identified by Roon? - SongKong with Roon - SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum for summary

In general SongKong will add considerably more metadata than your basic metadata, and it will be added in a consistent and intelligent way, you may find these summary presentations useful

What is JRiver using I wonder , their lyric lookup works quite well

@paultaylor

Hi Paul

Thinking of buying this.
Just a couple of questions.

I have the following. :- Nucleus+ Rev A,
music is stored on a Synology DS713+ NAS
Windows I7 PC.

I assume the NAS is too underpowered to run so am I right thinking if I install on the windows P.C. and point songkong at the music folder on the NAS drive it will work ok?

Looking at the versions available am I right in thinking the PRO version is the best to go for as I have not got any naim rips and as it is for my own use I guess I don’t need the commercial option?

Is the 12 month of updates built into the initial purchase?

Lastly is the ROONMAGDALENE discount still available?
Thanks.

Hi Rod, if Its Intel based and supports Docker then it is probably okay, I am not sure about this model but the best is to see if you can install Docker as described here

Otherwise yes you can use on Windows and just connect to your Nas over the network, a
Pro license will let you install and run on both PC and NAS anyway (and one other machine), and yes this includes one year of updates, and the discount code is still available

Giving this a trial at the moment, But I cant get it to see any changes to my watched folder. The folder is not local its my Roon ROCKS CD-Rips folder I have mounted on the machine running SongKong. I can run the manual match and it works but it seems to show nothing in the UI when set to watch my folder. @paultaylor is this a known limitaion will it only work on local storage or is it limited on the lite version which I am using to judge if to buy it or not. I assumed it would still match but obviously not change anything but UI hasnt changed.

Watch folder watches for folders added to the watch folder after you start it. So it wont do anything with files already in the watch folder, or if you add single songs rather than folders to the watch folder, does that resolve the problem ?

I added the folder after it had started watching as it was a test rip and it did nothing. Will try single files but I need it do folders as that’s what will be ripped.

It does do folders not single songs, are you adding folders directly to the watch folder folder ?

Yes. Its ROCKS CD-Rips directory, any ripped CD’s get copied there by its automatic ripper it will have its own foldername such as CD-Ripped-2021-05-22–16-41-19. SongKong is running on a different computer to the core as sonngkongremote the ROCKS storage is mounted in fstab on the computer to /media/rooncdrips

Okay so a folder containing files is not being copied there in one go, instead a folder is being created and over time files are being added to the folder as they are ripped from CD. I think that may the issue due to the longer period of time for files to be copied over.

Can you try just making a copy one of these folder and see if that triggers watch songs.

Sorry Paul but thats not how Roon rips CDs. It copies it to the CD-Rips folder when the rip is complete wirth all files present it does not add them one at a time whilst ripping. I also tested it by copying in other folder of completer albums nothing.

Okay, please run Create Support Files so I can take a look at your logs.

One quick thought, I assume you have started Watch Songs before you copy the folder across.

SongKong 7.4 Dawnrazor now released 9th June 2020 named after the debut album by Fields of the Nephilim

This release contains a number of fixes mainly related to file renaming and song only matching

1 Like

graceland

SongKong 7.6 Graceland now released 8th September 2021, this contains a feature long requested by Roon customers. You can now get Recording Location, Recording Start Date and Recording End Date from MusicBrainz matches, and the fields are directly compatible with Roon so within Roon the new data will appear without having to do anything else, except possibly a rescan. This means in many cases you can see where and when the music was recorded, this applies to studio recordings and live concert recordings.

Full details on this exciting new feature here

You can get a 20% discount on SongKong Pro using discount code GRACEFUL until end of September.

1 Like

Just renewed my recurring annual lic. Pretty painless.

@paultaylor Not sure why but I don’t recall there being a terminal like window running in the background before (W10). Is this something new? Haven’t run the app in a while.