INFO: SongKong Pro Music Tagger 20% Discount for Roon Users

John I have extended the 20% promo code GRACEFUL just enter it as a promo code in the shopping basket

2 Likes

I donā€™t often recommend software, but I can say I have been using this to tag my music and rename as well. It works exceptionally well.
It has some real limitations with Box sets and with anything live recorded (not commercially released). But those arenā€™t really ā€œnormalā€ use cases. Limited metadata for those items also plays a large part and not under SongKongā€™s control.

The culling of extra metadata and populating it for/in Roon is awesome. Knowing who the performers/engineers/composers are lets me deep dive. Iā€™m seeing a number of times where X engineer worked on two albums I have and that ā€œoh no kidding, well duhā€ moment hits. Iā€™m simply too lazy to look up every album to learn. But if it is right there . . .
Thank you.

4 Likes

SongKong is great and when you get both a musicbrainz hit and a discogs hitā€¦ cha-ching meta data is spot on. I find Roon spends far less time looking when it is presented with correct meta data.

We have some major features in SongKong 8.0 Bandwagonesque

This is a major release that now supports Acoustid Albums, Discogs Performer credits and improved filters in the Browse By section of the report

The new Acoustid Albums feature is particularly good for matching bootleg live albums and self published albums not currently identified. The addition of Discogs Performer support is great for Roon customers as it will lead to a substantial increase in the number of performer credits that SongKong can add to Roon.

I have extended the 20% promo code GRACEFUL if purchasing SongKong Pro - just enter it as a promo code in the shopping basket

Hopefully a friendly ask.
Would you mind releasing binaries with different names? I have no idea which one to install other than the later is marked (1). Versioning in the name would be wonderful to know if running the version 7 or 8 installer.

Hi, you could just look at the created date of the files on the computer, SongKong is available for a number of different platforms so the new release procedure is already quite complex, if the download binaries had different names I would then need to modify the download pages for each release so sorry I dont really see any advantage in doing this.

Thanks Paul for the wonderful app and tech support. Highly recommended! (had no idea about the discount :-))

Anyone thatā€™s wondering if itā€™s worth itā€¦ 100% :+1:

1 Like

By the wayā€¦ is there anyway to know what process is running. If you look at the reports you can see the completed processes, but if there is one running, the only way I know how to find out which one it is is launching a different process and it tells you youā€™ve got something else running and it isnā€™t possible to do more than one process at a time

Do you need something more than that below? It is shown during fixing.

Iā€™m on a docker image and whenever I access the IP I donā€™t know (or donā€™t know how to know) if the image is executing a process or has simply finished because it sends me directly to the ā€œmainā€ screen. Maybe Iā€™m doing something wrong ?

Jason, so when you start the task the web user interface should also show you a series of progress bars like the one above, and they will continue to change over as the tasks progress. If you close that window/tab (which you should not really) and try to start another task whilst that one is stil running it should warn you that task is already running and then reopen the progress window, is it not doing that ?

Yes. Thatā€™s exactly what itā€™s doing :+1:

Just a suggestion that when you come to the main page (after closing everything) the system warns you instead of waiting to trigger another process.

As you say, I can understand that you consider I shouldnā€™t be doing it like I do, but I recently acquired your program and are running processes that span various days of execution.

Your software completely rocks and they things I donā€™t like as much, I can see your trying to fix.

Thanks for the amazing work any support team. Really enjoy having contacts with you. Learning lots and lots.

PS: the fix Roon profile is a bit odd and I think I changed its configuration the first time I was using the app. Just so you take it into account.

PS2: Iā€™m under the impression that if I scan the unidentified folder as a new one again, the program sometimes identifies the song on that second run. Rather strange :sunglasses:

Hi, more details please

SongKong identifies music based on Acoustids, existing metadata, folder structure and Albunack DiscIds. On a first run an Acoustid match may provide basic metadata but not enough information to match to a Musicbrainz release, but on a second run that slightly improved starting metadata maybe enough to get a match second time round. Also matching is primarily album based and to find an album match we need to group songs into albums based on existing metadata/folder structure, so minor improvements can improve the grouping second time round. Also timing comes into play, the exact order that folder and songs
are processed can affect the results. You may ask why donā€™t we match twice as a matter of course, we do attempt a number of different ways to identify songs but repeating the whole procedure would not yield many extra matches but would mean that Fix Songs takes considerably longer to finish.

Brilliant !!! Great information to keep into account.

The Roon profile in theory helps Roon identify better songs that are in your library with its default settings. By accident I changed the default settings overwriting you Roon-designed-fixes. Maybe it should be a read only only letting you modify a copied version. No added value just a stupid human mistake on my side.

What I canā€™t seem to fin is what is does exactly to the metadata for Roon compared to the other profiles.

I have considered Read only profiles but there is difficulty in how to implement with current workflow.

Details of the SongKong Roon profile can be found at New SongKong Roon Profile - SongKong with Roon - SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

2 Likes

SongKong has become part of my regular add music flow. I am ripping most of my LPs and SK has proved invaluable. I sometimes double check SongKong results will another package I have, and almost always there are no updates to the ID SongKong has made. I will allow the other subscription to lapse because SK is that good.

1 Like

Just released SongKong 8.1 Scar, can still use promo code GRACEFUL for 20% discount on SongKong Pro

scar

This is a major release that now has significant improvements to performer credits amongst other things

1 Like

Come and help guide SongKong development, we have just set up a simple poll where you can vote for you most desired feature What major feature/improvement would you most like to see in SongKong? - SongKong WishList - SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Just released SongKong 8.2 Forever

This is major release with amongst other things:

• Improved Cover Art, including using FanArt.tv
  • Native Mac M1 Build
  • Dark Mode for all platforms
  • Improvements to Matching

SongKong 8.3 Funeral is now available, includes a significant fix for multi-disc album matching

We also have a new promo code ARCADIAN giving 20% of a SongKong Pro license, however it is limited to the first 50 customers so if you are interested get in quick.