INFO: WiiM Pro 15% off @ UK Amazon

https://amzn.eu/d/gWEHil3

3 Likes

Wow that becomes such good value :+1:

(Especially for those that have a DAC already)
Now if they were to add NAA support :thinking:

1 Like

WiiM do seem to be welcome to feedback.

I have just purchased one. Was waiting for Roon Ready, but it has Chromecast (not gapless) and Airplay (gapless).

1 Like

Nice I look forward to getting your feedback.

I actually almost checked one out early this afternoon, but I really don’t need one.
I was at the time checking out some speakers and a small power amp for a little project I am working on.

I want to find a reason to get one of these in the future. When it is Roon Ready it should become the default device for anyone looking for a mid-fi setup and not requiring NAA for HQPLAYER.

1 Like

It will come.

I’ll give it to WiiM, their app is quite good.

Dialling in the built in EQ close to the EQ in Roon, I prefer Qobuz via WiiM Mini SQ than Roon (EQ on) via Airplay to WiiM Mini (EQ off). I’ll place this SQ loss on Airplay even with 16/44.1 content. :man_shrugging:

Qobuz via WiiM Mini is punchier in the midrange, deeper in the bass whilst Roon is softer all over, thin!

This is the same with EQ and DSP not used. Again I say Airplay has a factor. So the Pro having Chromecast, I’m hoping for better things.

1 Like

Yes I have never enjoyed Airplay via Roon.
It is useful rather than enjoyable, and use Chromecast (or SonosNet if using Sonos) in preference.

It will give you the full opportunity to test them all once Roon Ready is released so you can, give it a definitive choice, though I generally choose to play all of music via Roon if I can, just to get the history in one place.

1 Like